Scott Magliochetti, Esq. is a corporate attorney who provides small to midsize corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and entrepreneurs a full range of legal services designed to meet their unique needs. From organizing and forming your entity, though negotiating a business sale or termination, he can assist you in every stage of your business’s growth and in its day to day operations. The experienced advice, counsel, and representation are provided in a range of areas including the following:
- Entity Formation. There is a wide array of legal formats for structuring your business, each of which has its own advantages, disadvantages, uses and limitations. Scott Magliochetti helps you analyze and decide what particular form of business is right for you. As part of this process, he can draft your organizational documents (including operating agreements), assist with registrations and filing reports, and guide you through your obligations as a business owner and/or director.
- Shareholder / Owner Relationships. If there is more than one owner of a business, the owners will need a shareholders’, and/or buy-sell (or similar) agreements to protect them and the business. Shareholders’ and buy-sell agreements establish the terms of ownership, memorialize expectations, define the owners’ rights and powers, provide a dispute mechanism and in certain instances determine how a business is dissolved. Absent a shareholders’ (or similar) agreement, if and when an ownership dispute arises (and it likely will) the owners will have no framework to resolve the matter; leading to the potential of lengthy and expensive litigation.
- Exit Strategies & Succession Planning. While it is important to carefully plan the beginning of a company’s life cycle it is just as important, if not more, to plan for its end. Scott Magliochetti works with estate planning experts to address the corporate side of succession planning matters such as a retiring owner’s cash flow, transitioning a business to other owners or to a younger generation, or positioning a company for a business sale.
- Corporate Governance. Scott Magliochetti customarily attends management and board meetings to provide counsel on pending matters, identify issues as they arise and, often, provides corporate secretary services (preparation of minutes, resolutions and board / shareholder materials).
- Contract Negotiation & Review. Almost every aspect of operations includes some form of covenant, contract or agreement. Scott Magliochetti negotiates, prepares and reviews agreements with the aim of protecting your business while advancing your growth and opportunities. Contracts typically reviewed and prepared include confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure agreements, distribution and manufacturing contracts, licensing agreements, vendor contracts, software development agreements, supplier contracts and commercial leases.
- Boilerplate Documents. A comprehensive and balanced set of form contracts protects your organization, keeps operations moving and reduces the need for continued legal input. Scott Magliochetti can review existing form agreements and/or create new ones to be used in your business.
- Mergers & Acquisitions. Scott Magliochetti supports his clients in furthering their growth, or transferring their business, via mergers and acquisitions. As part of this process, he assists in negotiating and structuring the transaction, performing due diligence and drafting the requisite agreements.
- Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances. Often the pursuit of developing new products or services and other business expansion (such as new markets) leads to joint venture or other strategic alliance opportunities. These opportunities require careful planning to create not only the right structure, but also to make sure that matters such as funding, operational control, dispute resolution and exit strategies are properly addressed and documented. Scott Magliochetti knows that joint ventures are a major strategic decision and provides the business legal advice needed to make the joint venture a success.
- Capital Activities. Financing is essential for establishing a new business, expanding an existing one, or launching a new product or service. Scott Magliochetti has years of experience in assisting his clients with securing financing from government sources, commercial banks, venture capitalists, strategic business partners, and via private placements.
MagLegal’s clients include service businesses, retail stores, staffing organizations, software companies, manufacturers, professionals, entrepreneurs and many other types and sizes of businesses. Scott Magliochetti helps his clients understand the laws and regulations impacting their operations, and offers practical advice to navigate them. He has extensive transactional experience and prides himself in proposing practical real world strategies to protect your interests and further your business objectives.
If you are ready to achieve your goal, contact an experienced corporate attorney who can assist in formulating an effective plan to achieve it. Send Scott an email or call us today at (908) 281-7624.